At Madrasah we offer 2 main curriculums that run alongside each other in the evening. A student can attend one or the other based on certain criteria.
Qur’an and Islamic Studies Programme
The students attend two 1 hour 30 mins Islamic Studies lessons and two 1-to-1 Quran sessions each week.
The Qur’an sessions consist of 3 Levels:
- Qaidah Level: The student learns the Baghdadi Qaidah with the correct articulation and pronunciation.
- Reading Level where a student learns how to read the Qur’an with correct Tajweed and proficiency of the reading rules.
NOTE: The student reads the last Juzz (chapter) of the Qur’an or Surah Baqarah if they have previously memorised the last Juzz. The student does not read the whole Qur’an before they move onto the next level; when the teacher is satisfied that the student can read the Qur’an correctly, the student will move onto the next level irrespective of how much reading has been completed.
- Hifdh Level where a student begins to memorise the whole Qur’an
The Islamic Studies aims to incorporate an understanding of:
- The true teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah (Prophetic Traditions) as understood by the pious predecessors of Islam.
- The rights and responsibilities of each student towards Allah (swt), the Prophet (saw), the parents, the family, the individual, the community and society as a whole.
- Uniting on similarities and respecting differences within culture, race and nationality.
Islamic Studies comprises of the following main topics:
- The Oneness of Allah (Tawheed)
- The Names and Attributes of Allah
- Prophet (saw), the best of mankind
- The Virtues of the Prophet (saw)
- Aqeedah and Emaan (Creed and Belief)
- Athkaar and du’aas
- The Pillars of Islam
- Role Models of Islam
- Stories of the Prophets and Companions
- Manners, Etiquettes and Characteristics
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
- Fiqh of Salah (Prayer)
- Rights, Roles and Responsibilities
- Islam and Science
- Modern day challenges facing (young) Muslims
Once each topic has been studied, the students complete a project and/or a test.