At Madrasah we offer 2 main curriculums that run alongside each other in the evening. A student can attend one or the other based on certain criteria.
Qur’an and Islamic Studies Programme
The students attend 1 hour of Qur’an Studies and 1 hour of Islamic Studies each day as well as daily duas and reminders.
The Qur’an Studies consists of 4 Levels:
- Qaidah Level: The student learns the Safar Publications Qaidah with the correct articulation and pronunciation.
- Reading Level where a student learns how to read the Qur’an with correct Tajweed and proficiency of the reading rules.
- Once children have mastered Tilawah and Tajweed they then progress to practicing independent Hifdh
- Pure Hifdh which is an intense Hifdh programme. This is a five-year programme that leads the child to memorisation of the whole Quran by the age of 14.
The Islamic Studies aims to incorporate an understanding of:
- The true teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah (Prophetic Traditions) as understood by the pious predecessors of Islam.
- An understanding of correct Aqeedah and who Allah is, this also includes principles of Tawheed and Allah’s names and attributes.
- Stories of the Prophets
- An understanding of halal and haram and our rights and responsibilities towards Allah, towards the families and community and towards ourselves.
- Enriching the understanding of a Muslims Manners and Ettiquettes, as well as respecting differences within culture, race and nationality.
Islamic Studies comprises of the following main topics:
- The Oneness of Allah (Tawheed)
- The Names and Attributes of Allah
- Prophet (saw), the best of mankind
- The Virtues of the Prophet (saw)
- Aqeedah and Emaan (Creed and Belief)
- Athkaar and du’aas
- The Pillars of Islam
- Role Models of Islam
- Stories of the Prophets and Companions
- Manners, Etiquettes and Characteristics
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
- Fiqh of Salah (Prayer)
- Rights, Roles and Responsibilities
- Islam and Science
- Modern day challenges facing (young) Muslims
Once each topic has been studied, the students complete a project and/or a test.
Pure Hifdh Programme
The student focuses on the memorisation of the Qur’an, 2.5 hours each day.
The Pure Hifdh Programme consists of 3 Levels:
- Level 1: where 3 Juzz are memorised
- Level 2: where the next 12 Juzz are memorised
- Level 3: where the last 15 Juzz are memorised
NOTE: The Pure Hifdh Programme is not available to all students. We have set criteria students must fulfil to be included onto the programme, as well as to remain on the programme.